martes, 10 de enero de 2017

Titus Andronicus

Hey there my Shakespearean Lovers 👋!

I have posted two of the most important plays ever written by Shakespeare. And yes, they are fascinating, but if I had to say which is the most nerve racking play I've ever read, I would have to say it is Titus Andronicus.
Me personally, I love a good bloody mess, so that's why today's post is entirely dedicated to this very detailed piece of art. 

I'm not going to lie, it is a carnage. Nowadays, this play would turn out as normal, as quite a recurrent topic on films, but at that time, it was a huge scandal. 
The characters all end up dead in some way or another. And as most tragedies of the writer, they are triggered by revenge, a very cloudy feeling. But the deaths are not the same as in Hamlet or King Lear, they are more twisted. There are mutilations, tongues and heads are cut, inside parts of the body are being cooked, etc.
The singularity of this work is that there is no morality. Shakespeare created a play where the characters act like animals, without any kind of rationality and it is not until the end where the only one who has remained alive decides to do things the right way because he has realised that freelance does not work.
The funny thing is that everything starts by revenge, and where there is revenge is because there have been feelings, and then comes the pain and grief, but the more the story progresses the colder the characters become, to the point that the main character kills his own daughter without mercy or remorse.

So there you have it! I didn't want to make many spoilers because I believe this is a story worth the read and if I just could recommend one book, it would surely be Titus Andronicus.
As usual, express your opinion if you have read it or any requests in the comments down below. 👇👇
Yours Truly, 
The senior student 💕.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario